Scranton-area patients who want to finally address their long-standing vision issues should ask the doctors at the Eye Care Specialists about LASIK surgery. With LASIK, we can give you crystal clear vision without the need for glasses or contacts.
However, not all Scranton-area residents with vision problems are good LASIK candidates. Our doctors will evaluate you to ensure that LASIK is the right procedure for you.
The ideal LASIK candidate:
- Is over 18
- Has a refractive condition (such as nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism) that can be treated with LASIK
- Has a stable lens prescription for at least one year before undergoing LASIK
- Does not suffer from dry eye syndrome
- Has healthy, fundamentally sound eyes
- Does not suffer from an auto-immune disease
- Is not pregnant or nursing
- Must have corneas of average thickness; thin corneas often lead to LASIK risks and complications
We understand you probably have a lot of questions about LASIK. Our doctors are happy to answer those questions. Once we determine that you are a good candidate for LASIK we’ll explain the process and tell you everything you can expect.
If you live in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area and you have a condition that can be treated with LASIK surgery, please contact Eye Care Specialists today.